Monday, March 19, 2012

25 Things I've Learned Through Parenting

I posted these on my facebook profile a while back, but they still hold true today. Even the comb over part.


***


1. Oxiclean.
2. The comb over looks just as silly on a 2 year old as it does an old man. 
3. You don't need to spend a ton of money on toys. Sometimes a plastic bowl filled with water and a sponge are enough to keep busy for hours.
4. My dog is a saint.
5. While I covet uninterrupted sleep, I quietly enjoy the few minutes I get with my baby every night. It reminds me of those early days with her.
6. I loved my husband like crazy before, but nothing beats watching him be a dad.
7. Not only did the love in my heart grow with each child, but so did my arms' capacity to carry exponentially more stuff and little people. 
8. I actually look forward to sloppy kisses.
9. If I clean up the playroom the night before, I feel like a whole different person in the morning. My stress level is so much less when it's picked up.
10. If there aren't stains on it, it can be reworn. This goes for their clothes and mine.
11. A happy marriage makes for happy kids (I actually learned this one from my parents, but now that I live it, it means so much more)
12. I never thought I'd be so happy to hear a baby cry as I was on that first day.
13. I never go anywhere without at least 3 binkies. If I do decide to "run" somewhere and forget, inevitably, THAT'S the time that she'll use those lungs to their highest capacity.
14. Did I mention Oxyclean?
15. My 2 year old eats as much as a full grown man. I don't know where he puts it.
16. Grapes, waffles, ritz crackers, and PBJ have gotten us through many a meal. And that's ok.
17. Mr. Noodle is a silly, silly man. And Sesame Street is just as much for adults as it is for kids.
18. Dandelions are magical.
19. Mirrors are also magical. 
20. Routine is important; so is being able to bend said routine.
21. I will never have blue eyed children. 
22. The sweetest sound is hearing my son sing.
23. A small calculator provides hours of entertainment.
24. Grocery shopping solo is a rare, but exciting treat.
25. A good babysitter is worth every penny.

No comments: