We had a really wonderful Easter. Both Adam and I were involved with the weekend church services (he sang a trio and led a service, and I sang in the choir and directed three songs), and the kids enjoyed extra nursery/children's church time, since we were there from 3pm to 9pm Saturday, and 8am to 1pm Sunday. Lots of playing, but boy, were we all exhausted!
I thought since Sunday was a rather early morning and Adam had to be in a different part of the church for his service that I'd wait until all the craziness was over to take a nice family picture. Since we were both so heavily involved, one of the teens in the church offered to go get the kids - awesome! Not going to turn that down. She picked them all up as we finished up with the service and they were waiting for us when we were done. As we rounded the corner to the main lobby (which was filled to the brim with people, BTW), Asher came charging toward us, VERY excitedly, yelling "mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" That's when I noticed. In his right hand was a mostly-eaten blue ring pop.
...I think we all know what this means.
I really wish I had thought to take a picture. His WHOLE FACE was blue. Teeth, tongue, lips, cheeks, etc. He still looked completely dapper in his checkered shirt and navy pants. But his face was electric blue. Apparently the teacher of the class gave every kid an egg with a ring pop inside... who opened it and let him indulge, I may never know.
Anyhow, Adam cleaned him up and we took off soon after to go to his parents' house for an Easter dinner and family gathering. The kids had an egg hunt, and although Cara isn't in this picture (she was inside hanging out, since she probably wouldn't be a very good egg hunter), she is wearing the same dress as Joelle - just to give you a visual. Joelle's hair looked really good until about 5 minutes before the egg hunt, when she decided that her Easter basket would make a great hat.
Regardless of the blue lips and the crazy hair, they had a blast, and can't wait for next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment