Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How do you like your coffee?

This morning, I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I know you've all been there. Up a few times with various children and their various needs, and just feeling generally uncomfortable with my current sleeping position options (and if anyone says "you still have a long way to go," I will spoon your eye out, I promise).

This type of morning calls for a strong cup of Joe. I never used to drink coffee, though I always thought it smelled great. I think drinking heavily sugared and flavored coffees made me learn to love it/crave it. After a couple years of that (and I am by no means a daily coffee needer), I decided adding all those extra sugar and cream calories probably wasn't the healthiest option.

So, I tried black coffee.

Once.

And although I forced myself to drink the entire cup, I promised myself I would never again drink hot dirt water.

This morning, I am enjoying a cup of cream and sugar with a splash of coffee in it. I can liken it to drinking coffee ice cream. And YUM.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ha! This post describes my day. I'm doing a sugar-fast type of thing, but I didn't take the time to try to wean myself from coffee first. I've been drinking it black or only with milk. It feels like punishment! :)

Debi said...

I am an oddity where coffee is concerned...one cup a day, sometimes none...no sugar, but soy or almond milk. The oddity is when I consume this. Only right before bed. Not decaf. Don't know why it doesn't keep me up, but that is when I want it!

Michelle :) said...

Debi - you're lucky it doesn't keep you awake! Although my cup this morning didn't really work... maybe we drink the same stuff!